Sunday, April 4, 2010

Elsia Obus-8-Self Portrait





Sorry this one's a little late to be uploaded and the picture is kinda crappy. My roommate had hijacked my camera so we're doing this one Photobooth style.

I really wanted to draw a picture of my face (old school, intro art class style) just to prove to myself that I could in fact draw a face resembling a human (and maybe resembling me? a little?) I put the mirrors on because I'm a strong believer in the idea that our personality and who we are are the products of the people around us and who we have grown up with. I also believe that we all act differently when we're around different people. So my mirrors make my self portrait a little different everytime someone new looks at it. And even when they just look at it from a different angle.

Hope everyone had a great spring break! See you Tuesday with postcards and all the crazy things Ian told us to bring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment