Friday, May 14, 2010

13. Kat Yang - Final Project/Color and Light

My final project was an homage to my mother - very well timed for Mother's Day. I made a painting of her from an old photograph. In addition, I decided to cook a traditional dish she used to make - scallion pancakes. Half of them were with the typical scallions, while the other half was based on a recipe my mother adjusted so that it included both scallions and pork sung (sweet, dried pork). I served these with a soy sauce and garlic dipping sauce.


For my color and light projects, I decided to emulate the courtyard of Gaudi's Casa Batlo. The "tiles" near the top of the courtyard are closer to the natural sunlight and darker in hue than the tiles near the bottom of the building. Therefore, because of the brighter light near the top, there should be an effect of uniform tone for all the tiles.

The second part of my color and light project was this bed sheet. For this, my boyfriend and I painted each other's entire bodies and then interacted on the "canvas". I wanted to do this because it was exploration of the interaction of bodies intersected with the interaction of colors. The areas that are green represent the interaction of us. Also, this was very reminiscent of action painting where the process of creation is the art form, and not necessarily the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment