Wednesday, April 14, 2010

12-Elsa Obus-Final Project Idea

VISA0100 this semester has been such an amazing release from the scientific chemical world for me this semester. I think maybe part of the beauty of art lies in its ability to relax us or take us somewhere else for awhile, away from our problems and daily lives. I think all art forms including theatre and dance have this ability.
For my final project I want to offer up a similar release to the students of Brown. I'm thinking that during reading period I will get some of that huge paper and lots of paints and publicize my art project to get lots of students to come out and paint with me. I don't know if I want to have paintbrushes because I think they will cause people to think too much about what they are creating. I can just imagine all these students covered in paint, painting with their hands out on the main green. I think it will be wonderful. I also want to make sure I document the process as well as the finished product with photos and maybe some video.
So that's my plan so far! I'm going to set a date when it gets closer and I would love love love for you all to be there to make art with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment