Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leah Cogan - Pipe Cleaner Lady


This is what I spent my Tuesday morning doing! Life is good!
Now, I don't imagine that anyone would give this little lady the value of gold, nor would anyone in their right mind ever want to display her on a mantle (unless they had a strange fetish for tacky knick knacks) but she is evidence of material alchemy nonetheless. She is made entirely of pipe cleaners. I had planned to play with changing the texture of the pipe cleaners but had little at my disposal to do so and water didn't really make a difference. I could have plucked the pipe cleaners naked but that might have caused some immodesty. As it is, she is fully fluffy and faceless (my roommate seems to think that this is really a troublesome point and that i should at least fashion her some eyes...you'll find out on thursday whether or not I take her advice!)

1 comment: