Tuesday, February 9, 2010

3 - Daniel Ton: T-Shirt Designs

I wanted my t-shirt designs to reflect my current day-to-day life. Breaking down the hours, I figured I spent most of my time (a) at home with my housemates, (b) in lab writing my thesis, and (c) at the GCB (Grad Center Bar).

(a) Housemates
Little Red is our nickname for our little red farmhouse.

(b) Bat lab

(c) GCB
I find these directions (from the GCB website) strangely appealing. It reminds me of a choose-your-own-adventure book.

2 comments:

  1. These are really cool. In the Bat Lab one, I'm curious why you chose to stop two of the stripes short of the top of the heart. I don't necessarily disagree with it, I just wouldn't have thought to do that and I'm interested in why you did. The GCB one is awesome. You could probably sell that.

    Oh and Roa is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I figured since I extended some of the heart lines downward to make the words "BAT LAB", I should balance it with some lines that are shortened at the top.
    2. I was afraid of the heart being too cliche and that it was distracting from the main subject, so I tried to make the design a little more abstract/less obvious.

    I'm still not quite pleased by the heart. If you have any ideas, let me know!

    ReplyDelete