Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lucy Bunny T-Shirts

I had a lot of fun making these shirts and kind-of went overboard. One series of my t-shirts was inspired by latte art. For the first two I wanted to re-interpret"urban-jungle" by making a design entirely out of latte-art leaves and animals. I wanted to have movement in the shirt, the line drawing your eye upwards. The next shirt is all shapes from latte-art that create a random pattern. I tried to make it visually interesting but also coherent and "readable" by adding the larger elements on the right hand side and making a path for your eyes to follow. The Owl shirt is made entirely out of parts of latte art as well. I had fun creating him and thought he deserved a shirt. The flower is also composed of latte art.
Then there is a shirt that comes from an entirely different series of thoughts. I was thinking about what things have same shapes "spots" but that are different. I tried to use gestalt principles of grouping to give it cohesion as well as the repeated dot colors.
The last is a poster that i got inspired to make by all of the FEMSEX posters around campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment