Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dan Cary - Live action animation without rotoscoping



I starting trying to make this effect a week or two into the semester. It's really started to come along and is now resembling something that's pretty cool. I used junky footage of my suitemate Jon (I actually just walked over with an old digital camera while he was working on a song) which is why the lighting is so bad. With good lighting, a good camera, and possibly a green screen, I think I can put together a really cool effect. The bad lighting leads to reflections which is why the face isn't well defined.

I plan on using this for my final project combined with still frames so people walk up to what appears to be a painting and it the person it's of moves every once in a while before becoming a painting again.

1 comment: